Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial DesignShine photos (shark_attack)

New pics from Betty R 14 (4.500 lumens) & DS-500 (600 lumens) - NO1

Betty R14 off

Betty R14 on (1 watt)

Betty R 14 (1 watt) & DS-500 (level 1)

Betty R 14 (45 watts) & DS-500 (level 5)

New pics from Betty R 14 (4.500 lumens) & DS-500 (600 lumens) - NO2

Betty R14 (45 watts) - freeway

Betty R14 (45 watts) - highway

DS-500 (level 5) - highway

battery pack from lupine for Betty R14 (13,2 Ah) - LCD Display in 10 percent steps (2 hours on 45 watts)

Hi Shark, impressive output for sure. Since you're the only person I know who has the new Betty R14, can you tell me if it maintains 4500 real lumens or does it step down after a while?

Also, how many degrees are the aspheric lens with your R14? Danke.

Leonard

Hi Leonard,
    yes it's measured. Real 4500 lumens. Currently it's the brightest bike light of the world. The Betty has a 26 degrees aspheric lens. And yes, it step down after a while for your eyes (perceived). But its normal with XM-L leds.

The light is very expensive (885 euro), but i found a distributor, which sells it for 750 euro or cheaper.

Greetings from Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by shark_attack View Post
    Hi Leonard,
    yes it's measured. Real 4500 lumens. Currently it's the brightest bike light of the world. The Betty has a 26 degrees aspheric lens. And yes, it step down after a while for your eyes (perceived). But its normal with XM-L leds.

The light is very expensive (885 euro), but i found a distributor, which sells it for 750 euro or cheaper.

Greetings from Germany.
    Thanks Shark. Love your work as always. I had little doubt the R14 is 4500 actual. As the eyes adapt it would be interesting to know what the lumen reading is at 10 and 15 mins.
    I don't know if the Zora Scorpion is considered production or more DIY/custom. I believe that's the brightest around for a single cnc shell light.

Anyway I am jealous of your toys. This is coming from a bike light seller

Leonard
    Last edited by mtbRevolution; 10-16-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Thanks Shark. Love your work as always. I had little doubt the R14 is 4500 actual. As the eyes adapt it would be interesting to know what the lumen reading is at 10 and 15 mins.
    I don't know if the Zora Scorpion is considered production or more DIY/custom. I believe that's the brightest around for a single cnc shell light.

Anyway I am jealous of your toys. This is coming from a bike light seller

Leonard
    Hi,

thanks for your feedback. I saw the website from this light. Nice work, but the design... not pretty^^

The DS-500 & Betty are great lights and give you a good backup. But, you must use it. I drive every months min. 1000 km federal highway.

Greetings from the cold Germany

I'm with you there. I rather have a proven product from Lupine. Reliability and dependability is everything in a bike light. I have little doubt the light can achieve everything they say but how stable is it? A year on, I have not seen a single review outside .cz or mention by an excited owner.

That said, I would still like to see what 6750 lumens looks like from a single light head. You are right, it's not the prettiest thing around but looks like it has enough surface area to keep those LEDs cool. The way the fins are spaced looks very much like DS. Hmm, time to use that grinding stone to round off those edges, Stephen.

Hi,

i ve new pics from the betty. Enjoy it.

Spot 1 - Night

Spot 1 - Betty @ 4500 lumens

Spot 2 - Night

Spot 2 - Betty @ 4500 lumens

Spot 3 - Night

Spot 3 - Betty @ 4500 lumens

Spot 4 - Betty @ 4500 lumens

Greetings from Germany

I LOVE MY DESKTOP <3 DESIGNSHINE DS-500 !!!