Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Water / water drops in the DS-500 without rain ?!

Yes! You did good. I think you definitely got the front sealed up without a doubt. Now all you need to do to be 100% sure is go ahead and take care of the lid as well. Note that you'll hear/feel a "pop" when you first remove each screw. This is the threadlock compound breaking loose and is completely normal.

In the sequence of pics, you'll see the screws removed and lid slightly separated.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DS_500_Lid_Screws_Removed.JPG 
Views:	198 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	212

The lid separated and showing the original amount of grease (too thin),

Name:	DS_500_Lid_Removed_Original_Grease.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	213

and Finally, the new layer of grease on top of the black o-ring.

Name:	DS_500_Lid_Removed_New_Grease.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	214

When you re-install the lid, just be sure that the switch wires are coiled up and out of the way so that they don't get pinched. Also, make very certain that you do not cross-thread or over-tighten the screws when you re-install the lid. If you can, it'd be good to apply just a small amount of REMOVABLE thread lock to the threads. Just be SUPER careful not to get any on the clear polycarbonate lens cover, since it will actually etch the plastic. Let me know if you have questions.
    Thanks!

-----> Thanks for your great description <-----

I will open my DS-500 later... But thank you for your help. If i have no probs with water i will use the new grease. Currently all dry.

I ve take new photos @ night with DS-500 (in snow). Last Shooting for my DS-500. Hope you enjoy...

Cheers!

PS: Exist red XML-LEDs? More lumens^^ Or is the red XPE the brightest LED?
    Last edited by shark_attack; 12-11-2012 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shark_attack View Post
    -----> Thanks for your great description <-----

I will open my DS-500 later... But thank you for your help. If i have no probs with water i will use the new grease. Currently all dry.

I ve take new photos @ night with DS-500 (in snow). Last Shooting for my DS-500. Hope you enjoy...

Cheers!

PS: Exist red XML-LEDs? More lumens^^ Or is the red XPE the brightest LED?
    I'm using the highest output BIN of the red XPEs that CREE makes. If there is anything more efficient at these wavelengths, then I am unaware of it. The XPEs also work exceptionally well with the small optics, whereas the XMLs do not. By the way, the XML2s were just announced today, so get ready for yet another wave of headlight lumen wars.

Hey Stephen,

nice description:
    lumen wars
    Yes, love light walls (so i am pleased with my 2 MJ 880). Better than Lupine Wilma or Betty... and i think 900 Euro for a Betty is not ok. But its made in GERMANY^^ Currently i am a MAGICSHINE fanboy
    Last edited by shark_attack; 12-11-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Hi Stephen,

thanks again for your great and straight answers. I am so happy with my new tail light. Now, i drove 120 KM with my bike in snow and no problem with the seals. Thank you so much... Lock at my pictures - after my test runs your tail light is inured^^ German winter proved your technical skill ----> passed ;-)

Merry Christmas!

Hey Bjoern,
    Merry Christmas to you as well! I'm just amazed that you can ride those kind of miles in SNOW! Hat's off to you my friend!
    Glad to hear that the DS-500 is passing the test and staying tight and dry! Yet again, very nice pics!

120 KM in three stages, because you are sooooooooo slow in the white powder^^

Offtopic: If you like it, i have a vid of one stage:

Enjoy
    Last edited by shark_attack; 12-20-2012 at 03:01 AM.

Seems good and nice to check.Thanks for sharing.