All Blog Entries

  1. Build #2 Progress, Mar 6, 2012 - Housings are IN!

    First off, a big thank you to all who have pre-paid in anticipation of getting some of these lights!! Almost all of the units that you see in the picture here have been purchased.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DS_Build_2_housings.jpg 
Views:	1338 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	71Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Straight_Headlight_Mount.jpg 
Views:	1289 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	73Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Offset_Headlight_Mount.jpg 
Views:	1183 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	72
    A few headlights remain, but I'm also working with my new CNC guy to get some more housings going in the next week or two (as soon as he finishes setting up his new shop). Needless to say, wait times on housings will be shortened ...
  2. Build #2 Progress, Feb 20, 2012 - How to Make a NEW order

    After a wild and crazy week last week, I'm finally getting back to the business at hand, which is building bike lights and making them available as simply as possible. I'm slowly making my way through my "short list" of customers, by populating a simple EXCEL database with order information. However, without the advantage of the on-line store taking care of this for me, it's a little bit difficult for me to quickly construct all the information that I've received via email from well ...
  3. Build #2 Progress, Feb 3, 2012 - Lens Covers in House

    Hooray! Lens covers arrived today... All those hours pouring over fractions of milli-meters here and there paid off. Fits beautifully. Passed the water test with flying colors. All I need to do now is tidy up a bit on the store and I should have the pre-sale up and running very soon. Clicking the "Purchase" button on the top menu bar now takes you directly to the store. You'll need an account to checkout at the store, so I'd recommend going ahead and creating an account (SSL encryption ...
  4. Build #2 Progress, Jan 31, 2012 - The "Batt" Cave

    Ok, I just couldn't resist that title. I found that the limiting factor for getting batteries finished in a timely manner (given that it's a 4 day process) was that I needed an efficient way of hanging the batteries up for drying. After about 30 minutes sitting on the floor with the cordless drill and a box of decking screws, here's what I ended up with. Wish I had thought of that a long time ago.
    Name:  Batt_drying_rack_1.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  86.0 KB
    Schedule-wise, I was told yesterday that the new lens covers ...
  5. Build #2 Progress, Jan 19, 2012 - Batteries and Schedule

    Things are still moving right along. I've gotten pretty far along on the battery preparation with about 36, 2900mAH packs and 25 5200mAH packs," connectorized" and taped up, ready for the first of 4 coats of UV-resistant Plastidip. Also shown are a couple of stem mount shots of the two packs so you can get an idea of relative size. The 5200 is also shown strapped to a 2" diameter tube, using both an 18" and 12" strap. The 18" strap should only be used on larger ...
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast